One integral part of being a disaster action team member is experience. One of the first questions you will get asked when responding to a call with unfamiliar team members, is from the IRL (Incident Response Leader), that being how many calls have you gone to. In reality, I haven't really kept track since I have been a trainee. I believe that required 5 calls, then I have been on about 5 for the rest of the year and as of now, I have probably been to a total of 14? This number seems about right and I hope to increase the number of responses I have attended. One of the beauties of being a volunteer in such a large organization is that you gain exposure to a large variety of people. Every time I attend a case, I gain further insight into the client casework process and build upon my previous learning experiences.



The above are some images from my earlier response call's and I hope to continue in recording my experiences for others interested and for my own data log.
No comments:
Post a Comment